Zymewire is growing rapidly, and we’re searching for our first-ever Director of Marketing to join us for the journey!
All about Zymewire:
Zymewire is a Canadian SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales and marketing teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re leaders in the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and work flows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it. We’re currently a distributed team of 40 (you’d be lucky Zymer #41!), scattered across Canada, the UK, and South America.
Today more than 250 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
What the role looks like:
As Director of Marketing, your reach and impact will straddle the entire customer journey. You’ll engage audiences that haven’t yet heard about Zymewire, collaborate with loyal brand champions, and wish users well at the end of their Zymewire journeys (okay that last group is rare, but you get the idea).
We’re building a highly matrixed company, so in that spirit, the Director of Marketing will report to both our CEO (co-founder) and our Head of Sales.
With the CEO, you’ll work closely with Customer Success leadership to strategize campaigns, collateral, and communications to support existing clients. The key metric for this half of the role will be based around user engagement and client success.
For the other half of the role, you and the Head of Sales will work closely together to drive new leads to the sales funnel. The key metrics here will be more traditional inbound measurement and conversion.
From a career growth standpoint, the Director of Marketing role offers several paths. We’ll have plenty of new applications and industries for you to conquer if you want to stay challenged with tactical execution and new markets. If you’re passionate about leadership and people management, then the role could evolve to encompass more VP-type responsibilities leading the individuals embedded in each of the industry verticals we will serve. There are lots of exciting options for you to consider as we grow together!
Some of the strategic responsibilities of our Director of Marketing will include:
- Marketing to SMB and Enterprise software customers
- Analyzing the market and competitive landscape to highlight opportunities for differentiation
- Collaborating with the sales and customer success teams on messaging
- Devising strategies for marketing a platform with modules vs. a single product
- Measuring the success of communication and marketing efforts
- Eventually leading a team of marketers
Some of the day-to-day tactical responsibilities will include:
- Creating collateral for prospective and existing clients
- Liaising with external agencies
- Ensuring adherence to brand guidelines
- Managing the Zymewire website and blog
- Coordinating and promoting webinars and other online events
- Executing conference strategies
- Leading our SEO strategy
- Coordinating customer advisory boards
- Forming relationships with customers to gather feedback and share ideas regularly
- Launching and nurturing campaigns
Who will be successful in this role?
We believe that our customers hold the answers, and that it’s our job to ask the right questions. We’re obsessed with understanding the features and functionalities that would make their jobs easier and more productive. We use this curiosity as a guiding principle as we continue to build great software.
Similarly, we believe that the most impactful marketing originates from understanding what our customers care about in their day-to-day worlds. That’s why it’s essential that our Director of Marketing is:
- A deeply curious self-starter that can initiate their own relationships with our client base
- Eager to learn from conversations and collaborations with clients and teammates
- An exceptional communicator
- Someone who is detail-oriented (so you’ll notice that we’d like you to please mention ‘Johnny 5’ in your cover letter)
- A creative thinker and writer who knows how to capture the attention of varied audiences
- Skilled at nurturing strong business relationships
What we’d love to see in your work history:
- Minimum 5 years related SaaS marketing experience
- Some life science experience would be an asset, but SaaS experience and the ability to learn quickly are things we value more than direct industry experience.
- Experience with Salesforce, particularly with the sales reporting functionality of the platform
- Experience using Hubspot for website creation, maintenance and marketing is an asset.
- Proven ability to lead talented marketers, copywriters and digital marketers
- Cross-functional experience balancing sometimes opposing priorities.
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous campaigns and projects
Why Zymewire? Fancy perks etc.
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
- Be a part of a tightly-knit team with a thriving culture
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from home 2 days/week when we re-open the office (we’ll all work from home on Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Three weeks paid vacation plus all statutory holidays
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, and Costa Rica)
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes )
- Attend optional weekly social events (virtual for now, in-person beyond the pandemic)
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits
- Paid and topped-up maternal and parental leave
When we reopen our Toronto office, this will be an office-based position (we're located at 1655 Dupont St, in Toronto's Junction Triangle) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. We'll all work from home on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The target start date for this role is September 12, 2021, but can be adjusted based on the availability of the successful candidate.
Already picturing your first day as our Director of Marketing?! Apply now with your cover letter and resume! We look forward to hearing from you.
Zymewire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.