Data lovers, unite! Zymewire is searching for an awesome post-secondary student to join us for the winter as an intern on our Data Team.
All about Zymewire:
Zymewire is a Canadian SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales and marketing teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re leaders in the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and work flows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it. We’re currently a distributed team of 51 (you’d be lucky Zymer #52!), scattered across Canada, the UK, and South America.
Today more than 250 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
What the role looks like:
In this role your main responsibility will be to review and analyze news content from pharma/biotech company web sources, bringing them into Zymewire to be made actionable for our users through data and machine learning processes. You will also work closely with the rest of the Zymewire data team each day on a number of tasks and projects to ensure that Zymewire users are receiving the most up-to-date industry activity for their sales and marketing efforts.
As we're funding this position with the assistance of the Student Work Placement Program candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Registered full-time or part-time in a publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, including specific province legislation and regulations
More about YOU:
- You enjoy hunting for information on the web
- You have an interest in biotech/pharma
- You’re highly organized
- You're very comfortable using Excel/Google Sheets
- You’re super curious (like George), about everything
- You consider yourself to be tech-savvy, and you’re excited by the idea of working for a software company.
- You’re detail-oriented, so you’ll notice that we’d like you to mention WALL-E in your cover letter
- Your enthusiasm is contagious!
Zymewire is the right place for you if you’re interested in:
- Learning about some of the practical applications of data science
- Gaining an understanding of career options beyond those you may be currently thinking about
- Being a part of an experienced team with skills in machine learning, development, business and organizational culture
- Helping to shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
8am - 4pm EST, Mon-Thu
8am - 12pm EST Fri
+ 3.5 hours on Sunday
Flexibility can be discussed.
Remote, anywhere in Canada
Start Date: January 3, 2023
+ 2-3 training days before December 26, 2022
End Date: March 31, 2023
Already picturing your first day as our next Data Associate? Apply now with your cover letter, resume, and preferred working hours. We look forward to hearing from you.
Zymewire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.