Data lovers, unite! Zymewire is searching for a curious and ambitious individual to join us in January 2021 for a 9 month internship on our Data Team. Applicants must be currently registered in a Canadian post-secondary institution and have the availability to commit to working 40/hours per week from January-September.
Zymewire is a Toronto-based SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re leaders in the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
The Data Team at Zymewire is dedicated to providing the most reliable flow of pharma & biotech insights for our users, by harnessing the power of great technology coupled with relentless human dedication. We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and work flows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it.
Today more than 300 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
What the role looks like:
In this role your main responsibility will be to acquire, process and analyze news content from pharma/biotech company web sources, bringing them into the Zymewire platform to be made actionable for our users through data and machine learning processes. You’ll be responsible for a number of data cleanup and data quality assurance projects, and will work closely with the rest of the Zymewire data team each day to ensure that Zymewire users are receiving the most up-to-date industry information. You’ll also get the chance to work with our software development team as you drive process streamlining and automation through product development efforts.
More about YOU:
- You enjoy hunting for information on the web
- You have an interest in biotech/pharma
- You’re highly organized
- You're very comfortable using Excel/Google Sheets
- You’re super curious (like George), about everything
- You consider yourself to be tech-savvy, and you’re excited by the idea of working for a software company.
- You’re detail-oriented, so you’ll notice that we’d like you to mention WALL-E in your cover letter
- Your enthusiasm is contagious!
Zymewire is the right place for you if you’re interested in:
- Learning about some of the practical applications of data systems and processes
- Gaining an understanding of career options beyond those you may be currently thinking about
- Being a part of an experienced team with skills in machine learning, development, business and organizational culture
- Helping shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
As we're funding this position with the assistance of the WIL Digital Learning Subsidy program, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Registered full-time or part-time in a publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution in Arts, Humanities, Social Science, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or Business Program
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, including specific province legislation and regulations
- Available to work 40 hours/week from January- September 2021
We are looking for a student with a light course load who can commit 40 hours per week for the duration of this 9 month internship. Specific hours are somewhat flexible and can be discussed to accommodate school and exam schedules as needed. Preferred daily hours would be one of the following:
8am - 4pm EST, Mon-Fri
8:30am - 4:30pm, Mon-Fri
8am-11am AND 3pm-8pm EST, Mon-Fri
9am-12pm AND 4pm-9pm EST, Mon-Fri
We may also consider circumstances where some Saturday/Sunday work is desired. In these cases, up to 6 hours of the 40 hour work week can be completed over the weekend.
Monday January 4th, 2021
Friday August 27th, 2021 (with the possibility of extending the position into September and beyond, depending on your availability)
Salary & Time Commitment:
- $20 CAD/hour
- 40 hours/week
This paid internship is a remote position. The successful candidate can work from anywhere in Canada.
Already picturing your first day as our Data Team Intern? Apply now with your cover letter and resume! We look forward to hearing from you.
Zymewire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.