If you're ready to help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable tech company with big ambitions, then this is your moment.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Compliance Officer who is eager to help us foster a culture of compliance and risk management across the entire organization.
All About Zymewire
Zymewire is a Toronto-based SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re leaders in the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
We use machine learning to interpret the digital river of information that pours out from all corners of the web, and then we package it up so that it can be easily searched and analysed. Our current SaaS solution, built on that river, is the ultimate smart digital assistant for busy sales professionals.
We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and work flows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it.
Today more than 250 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
As our client base and product offerings continue to grow, we’re excited to welcome our first Compliance Officer who can help us reach the next level of organizational maturity.
As a Compliance Officer at Zymewire, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with all members from all departments to promote a culture of compliance and risk management
- Act as the Data Privacy Officer for the organization
- Report directly to the CEO
- Determine compliance metrics and establish a system for tracking them
- Take ownership of Security and Privacy Awareness Education and Training
- Lead security audit coordination, annual review including risk assessments and internal control matrix
- Identify root causes of non-compliance events and provide guidance on corrective actions or risk mitigation in such events
- Determine what policies are applicable and needed in the organization, and develop those policies to support compliance
- Coordinate responses and templates for inbound security questions from prospective or existing clients
- Maintain up-to-date written documentation and policies related to the organization's business activities
- Create compliance resource library for team members to reference when they have questions
All About You
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to persuade others to complete action items in a timely manner
- You have excellent analytical skills, and the ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
- You’re highly organized
- You’re detail-oriented, which is why you’ll notice that we’ve asked you to please mention “Johnny 5” in your cover letter
- You’re proactive and goal-orientated by nature
- You enjoy working with individuals of varying backgrounds and personalities, and you have the ability to tailor your communication method to best suit the individual you’re interacting with
- You hold yourself to high ethical standards and take confidentiality seriously
- You’re proactive and goal-orientated by nature
- You’re self-motivated
- You can consistently meet deadlines and have strong time management skills
What we’d love to see in your history:
- At least 3 years of related compliance experience, preferably at a software company.
- Strong understanding of the software space, including familiarity with relevant security and regulatory policies
- Proficiency with Google Workspace
- Evidence of developing compliance-related policies and procedures
Bonus points if you also have:
- Familiarity with the SOC 2 certification and auditing process
Why Zymewire? Fancy perks etc.
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
- Quarterly all-expenses-paid visits to Toronto to connect with teammates in person (when it’s safe to travel again)
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, and Costa Rica)
- Be a part of a tightly-knit team (you’d be lucky Zymer #39!) with a thriving company culture
- Three weeks paid vacation + all local statutory holidays (paid)
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 CAD annual stipend for courses and classes )
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Paid and topped-up parental leave
If the successful candidate happens to live in the Greater Toronto Area, he/she/they will work from our office 4 days/ week (we all WFH on Wednesdays) when we eventually re-open our office in Toronto's Junction Triangle. Until then, the position is remote from anywhere in Canada.
Target start date for this role is May 10th, 2021.
At Zymewire we celebrate diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Zymewire is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.