We're searching for a Chief of Staff (CoS) to support our CEO and the overall operational success of Zymewire. The CoS will act as a trusted partner to our CEO for a period of 18- 24 months. After excelling in this role and helping the company achieve its growth goals as CoS, a permanent position that satisfies your ambitions will be made available to you elsewhere in the company.
All about Zymewire:
Zymewire is a Toronto-based SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re leaders in the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
Our team of 35 Zymers carries out this mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and workflows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it.
Today more than 300 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
In the wake of the pandemic, we’re very grateful to say that we’ve seen continued growth in sales and that we’ve been successful in delivering sustained value to our clients. We are well-positioned to hire our first-ever Chief of Staff to help us extend our reach and impact even further.
What the role looks like:
The CoS role is a unique opportunity to learn about all aspects of a quickly-growing tech company from the vantage point of the CEO. You’ll work side-by-side with the CEO to amplify impact, by supporting day-to-day activities, streamlining operational processes, and leading special projects. You’ll identify areas for improvement across the organization and will assume ownership of particular initiatives from beginning to end. You’ll support the alignment of the leadership team, and will help them identify blind spots, and will help them execute. You’ll be in places that the CEO can’t be, and will synthesize information in such a way that he can make decisions more quickly than he could on his own. This is an incredible opportunity to learn about and influence all corners of business as the CEO’s right hand.
Particular responsibilities include:
- Attending meetings and calls on the behalf of the CEO when he’s unable to do so
- Helping the CEO prioritize and optimize his time and appointments
- Writing first drafts of proposals, emails, letters etc.
- Capturing action items from meetings and keeping everyone accountable for the execution of those follow-ups.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the CEO on organizational updates, priorities, and processes
- Act as the main contact for other senior leaders in the organization working with the CEO, to assist in strategy, problem-solving, process development, and fulfillment of deliverables
- Managing special projects on behalf of the CEO
- Leveraging solid business acumen in identifying, comprehending and synthesizing complex information to brief and prepare the CEO as required
- Ensuring the successful launch of new initiatives for the CEO, and effectively delegating to other team members as required
- Help the CEO spend more time on the phone with large clients and those users who’d like to discuss new product ideas (by initiating outreach, coordinating calls, and joining the conversations)
- Taking the lead on new initiatives with key clients
- Applying superior project management skills to define initiatives, create plans, and execute them
More about YOU:
- You’re perceptive. You’ve got the ability to recognize, anticipate and resolve organizational, operational, or process challenges
- You're a phenomenal communicator. You can synthesize information from conversations and documents effectively, and can then convey it with enough clarity to illuminate the next steps
- You’ve got strong project management skills
- You’ve got a passion for process & operational excellence
- You’re perpetually curious about what makes customers and businesses tick. You’re eager to learn as much as you can about as many areas of the business as possible.
- You’re an expert at developing and strengthening business relationships
- You’re highly analytical
- You’ve got a keen eye for details. So much so, that you’ll notice we’ve asked you to mention “Johnny 5” in your cover letter.
- You’re willing to assume a high level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects
- You’ve got a track record of getting sh*t done
- You enjoying juggling multiple responsibilities and wearing multiple hats, and can maintain a high level of organization while doing so
- You’re diplomatic. You have a strong point of view, but you evaluate all perspectives and opinions with an equal level of consideration.
This is the right role for you if you're interested in:
- Influencing the success of a profitable (and bootstrapped) B2B SaaS company
- Understanding business operations from the vantage point of a CEO
- Gaining an understanding of long-term career options beyond those you may be currently thinking about
- Being a part of an experienced team with skills in machine learning, business development, organizational culture
- Learning about the ecosystem of businesses that serve the biotech and pharma industry
- Building genuine connections with your colleagues and Zymewire’s customers
Why Zymewire? Fancy perks etc.
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
- Have a dedicated workspace at our open-concept office (located in the Junction Triangle at 1655 Dupont St) and enjoy the benefits of in-person interactions with colleagues
- Enjoy the balance of weekly Work-From-Home Wednesdays (once we’ve returned to the office)
- Work from any country in the world for one month per year as part of our ZWork Abroad Program
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, and Costa Rica)
- Three weeks paid vacation + statutory holidays
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes )
- Attend optional weekly social events (virtual for now, in-person beyond the pandemic!)
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits
- Paid and topped-up maternal and parental leave
The CoS role is based out of our Toronto office (in the Junction Triangle). For the duration of the pandemic, however, you can work remotely from anywhere in the GTA.
The target start date for our first-ever CoS is Monday January 4th, 2021.
Already picturing your first day as our Chief of Staff? Apply now with your cover letter and resume! We look forward to hearing from you. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Zymewire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.